Issue 13 – T-Shirt Design Contest; Multiplying by 25 and125
T-Shirt Design Contest
Calling all MSC Alumni (high school, technical-vocational, computer short courses, Caregiving and Call Center courses)! Here are the entries for the MSC Alumni Shirt Design Contest!
In this issue
- MSC High School Celebrates English Month
- MSC T-Shirt Design Contest
- MSC Origins VIII: transfer to La Suerte building
- Converting Meters to Yards
- Stories from the Alumni: Hazel Soleta
- MSC 13 – Multiplying by 25, 250, and 125
- To ensure you receive our newsletter in your inbox, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email address book or safe sender list. Just click here to subscribe, or just send an email with “Subscribe” on the subject line to email@example.com .
MSC High School Celebrates English Month
Last September 25, 2014 VYP-MSC Institute of Technology celebrated its 2014 English month with the theme “Sharpening English Language through Global Competitiveness” wherein the students showed their talents and gifts through participating in different contests. The main objective of this program is to develop and enhance each student’s talent by building up their confidence to face the crowd.
MSC Origins Part VIII: Transfer to La Suerte building
In June, 1995, MSC made another business decision and it packed all its belongings for the third time and left the Alvero compound along M. Paulino St., its home for four years.
MSC transferred to the La Suerte building located along the bustling Rizal Avenue. Situated on the fourth floor, the main site of MSC (called MSC Main, for obvious reasons) seemed unreachable. The place had no elevators, so the four flight climb was an aerobic adventure.
Converting Meters to Yards
One meter is approximately equal to 1.1 yards.
For practical purposes we can use this conversion factor.
Here we can apply MSC 4 – Multiplying by 11 to quickly convert meters to yards.
Photo courtesy of WikiHow
Stories from the Alumni: Hazel Rose M. Zoleta
“Parang butil ng buhangin di gaanong napapansin, pag- inipon ang tinapon ay panghihinayangan din.”
Walong taon na ang nakararaan nang ako ay mag- umpisa bilang isang butil ng buhangin. Isang buhangin sa napakalawak na baybayin; hindi napapansin at hindi alam kung paano palulutangin ang natatanging talento at galling.
MSC 13 – Multiplying by 25, 250, 125
Remember that 25 is 100/4. This means we can multiply the number by 100, and then divide by 4.
To multiply by 25, move the decimal point of the multiplicand two places to the right and divide the resulting number by 4.
- Issue 1 – Creating Zeroes
- Issue 2 – All From 9 and the Last from 10
- Issue 3 – Subtraction Without Borrowing
- Issue 4 – Stories from MSC Alumni, and Multiplying by 11
- Issue 5 – Blast from the Past, The Search is on and Multiplying by 2
- Issue 6 – Nutrition Month, Carabao Fractions, Division by 2
- Issue 7 – MSC High First Batch in 1998; Doubling and Halving
- Issue 8 – Mutya ng Pilipinas and Multiplying by 9
- Issue 9 – CocoFestival 1996 and Dividing by 5, 50, 0.5 etc
- Issue 10 – MSC Alumni Meeting , Multiplying by 5
- Issue 11 – Featured Alumni – Edgar Cauyan and Division by 9
- Issue 12 – MSC Alumni Activities; Dividing by 4 and 8
In the Next Issue
- MSC Green School Campus: a stop-over for Climate Walk
- Converting meters to feet
- Stories from the Alumni: Ednie Agulto
- MSC’s Firsts: First to do School to School Orientation
- MSC 14 – Division by 25, 250, and 125
Every week, for 25 weeks up to December 4, 2014 when we celebrate our 25th Foundation day, this newsletter will feature one math short cut. We will progress from the simplest to the simple. Believe you can do it! Just proceed one step ( short cut ) at a time, and be pleasantly surprised to discover none of the math short cuts are difficult! Forward this newsletter to your friends, relatives, and young kids.
To ensure you receive our newsletter in your inbox, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email address book or safe sender list. Forward this mail to your friends and invite them to subscribe to the 25 Math Short Cuts Newsletter today!
Pingback: MSC 14 – Alumni Working in CARD, and Division by 25, 250, and 125 | The MSC Advantage
Pingback: Issue 15 – Basketball League & Squaring Numbers Ending in 5 | The MSC Advantage