Schedule and Updates
It’s the MSC 25th Foundation Anniversary Celebration Week!
What’s happening this week?
- “25 Math Short Cuts” Book Launch
- Math/Science Quiz Show
- Web Design Contest
- Speed Math Contest
- MSC Music Video Contest
- PTA Raffle
- Alumni Homecoming
- Awarding Ceremonies for MSC Most Outstanding Alumni
- MSC’s 25th Foundation Celebration Activities
- 25th MSC Founding Anniversary Celebration Updates
- VYP Launches 25 Math Short Cuts Book
In this issue
- 25th MSC Founding Anniversary Celebration
- Training for the MSC Inter-school Contests Ongoing
- MSC High Schoolers win in DSPC
- Stories from the Alumni: Joan Miranda
- MSC Origins part XII: Annex Stories 2
- Conversion: Meters to Feet and Inches
- MSC firsts: First Registered Caregiving School in San Pablo City
- MSC 18 – Base Multiplication – Numbers Below the Base
To ensure you receive our newsletter in your inbox, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email address book or safe sender list. Just click here to subscribe, or just send an email with “Subscribe” on the subject line to email@example.com .
The free training for participating schools in the MSC Web Design Contest and MSC Speed Math Contest is currently ongoing every Saturday, morning for web design and afternoon for speed math.
Allen Ashley B. Alcos and Rica Mae S. Comia, seniors at MSC High School won in the San Pablo City Division Schools Press Conference (DSPC). Allen Ashley won in photojournalism (English) and Rica Mae won in Feature Writing (English). Both of them got the 5th place in each event.
The contest was held at Dolores Elementary School at Dolores, San Pablo City from November 14 to 15, 2014. Here is a complete list of the MSC delegation:
I was asked to write about our batch in high school and talk about what made us unique, but I won’t.
To be honest, aside from our names and faces, we are just the same as you are. We are made up of different kind of students, the nerds, the athletes, the popular ones, the shy ones, and even one who seemed like God had showered him with everything.
What we went through was basically just the same things you thought you could never survive, such as exams, extra-curricular, and many more — we did and so will you.
The MSC Annex was the “home” of MSC for 16 years and it has been the site for a lot of activities participated in by the students, faculty, and staff. Many people, even those not involved in the school, visited the place for the various recurring events. MSC Annex was the site for
- Quick Count Headquarters
- San Pablo City Fiesta Stage
- Summer Classes Venue for Music Lessons, Computer Courses, and Entrance Test Reviews
Those who are accustomed to expressing their heights in feet and inches find it hard to estimate the heights of NBA players when expressed in meters. It can be easily done if we follow these simple steps
In San Pablo City, MSC was the first school recognized by TESDA to offer a short course on Caregiving.
MSC started its first Caregiving class on July 16, 2002 which was held at the 4th floor and the penthouse of the El Coco building along A. Fule St., beside MSC Annex.
When multiplying numbers below a power of 10, we subtract one number’s deficiency from the base from the other number and then add the product of the deficiencies.
Example 18.1: Find 98 x 97
= (100 – 2)(100 – 3)
= (100 – 2 – 3)(100) + (-2 x -3)
= (98 – 3) x 100 + 2 * 3
= 95 | 06
- Issue 1 – Creating Zeroes
- Issue 2 – All From 9 and the Last from 10
- Issue 3 – Subtraction Without Borrowing
- Issue 4 – Stories from MSC Alumni, and Multiplying by 11
- Issue 5 – Blast from the Past, The Search is on and Multiplying by 2
- Issue 6 – Nutrition Month, Carabao Fractions, Division by 2
- Issue 7 – MSC High First Batch in 1998; Doubling and Halving
- Issue 8 – Mutya ng Pilipinas and Multiplying by 9
- Issue 9 – CocoFestival 1996 and Dividing by 5, 50, 0.5 etc
- Issue 10 – MSC Alumni Meeting , Multiplying by 5
- Issue 11 – Featured Alumni – Edgar Cauyan and Division by 9
- Issue 12 – MSC Alumni Activities; Dividing by 4 and 8
- Issue 13 – T-Shirt Design Contest and Multiplying by 25, 250 and 125
- Issue14 – Alumni Working in CARD, and Division by 25, 250, and 125
- Issue 15 – Basketball League & Squaring Numbers Ending in 5
- Issue 16 – 25th Foundation Celebration & Multiplying Complementary Numbers
- Issue 17 – 25th MSC Founding Anniversary Updates & Base Multiplication
In the Next Issue
- MSC Joins Division Sports Meet
- MSC Origins part XIII: From La Suerte to El Coco
- MATH Story: Converting miles to kilometers
- Stories from the Alumni: from Jomaica Luya
- Only at MSC: In house training for MSC employees
- VYP Launches 25 Math Short Cuts Book
- MSC 19 – Base Multiplication: One Number Above and One Number Below the Base
Every week, this newsletter will feature one math short cut. We will progress from the simplest to the simple. Believe you can do it! Just proceed one step ( short cut ) at a time, and be pleasantly surprised to discover none of the math short cuts are difficult! Forward this newsletter to your friends, relatives, and young kids.
To ensure you receive our newsletter in your inbox, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email address book or safe sender list. Forward this mail to your friends and invite them to subscribe to the 25 Math Short Cuts Newsletter today!